pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card -> Live Stream off a remote machine
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Live Stream off a remote machine
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote

First, I just want to second dorphal's suggestion of using freevo instead of myth... After hacking away at channels.conf, and freevo's local.py file, I've found it to be to much stabler and easier to manage than mythtv... again YMMV, especially if you need the features mythtv has..

My current issue is that of remote access to the live feed. Using a windows client, I'm able to play the .ts files freevo/mplayer creates when recording a show... is it possible (even if it means using linux instead of windows as the "frontend") to view the live feed remotely using freevo?

(BTW, I did try this with myth, and I couldn't get this to work using KnoppMyth livecd as a frontend... the live stream would be way too choppy. At first I thought my wireless connection was the bottleneck, so I hooked my machine up directly via ethernet, but it was still choppy... that and the guide problems/general stability issues led me to switch to freevo)

Julian
Live Stream off a remote machine
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card