pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card -> PVR-350 and HD-3000
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
PVR-350 and HD-3000
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote

I have been searching for days on this forum, because I assume this question has been answered. Sorry in advance if it is answered already.

I have a PVR-350 and HD-3000 in my FC3 box. I got both installed, but I can only get my PVR-350 to change channels. I have to dtvsignal /dev/video2 ...... to change channels on my HD-3000 before I record or want to watch that channel.

How do I get my HD-3000 to change channels?

??? Also, why does my HD-3000 get registered to /dev/video2 instead of /dev/video32 or /dev/dtv0?????? Could this be a possible reason for my problem?

Can someone please answer or steer me in a correct direction!

THANKS
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:55 am Reply with quote
ik632

Here's a good link at Mysettopbox.tv:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4429

I had to put IVTV in /etc/modules (using KnoppMyth, not sure where it is in Fedora) so that it would load the PVR before the HD3000. One other thing is that it doesn't map to /dev/video32 for me. I get /dev/dvb or /dev/dtv (can't remember off the top of my head right now - I'm at work) but that ends up being a longer device string. There's some good information in that thread though.
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote
GrepTar

I am using the 350 with 2 hd-3000's in a back end that is hooked up to a normal tv with svideo in, so I use the svideo out on the 350.

The mpeg decoder out on the 350 works to display the lower def hdtv channels, but not the higher def ones. Maybe some day they will have mythtv selectively pick whether to use the mpeg decoder on the 350.
PVR-350 and HD-3000
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card