pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card -> MythTV 0.81 always records the same channel
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
MythTV 0.81 always records the same channel
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote
bcstanding

I can watch live tv and use the PG to schedule a recording. It appears to record correctly, but always records the same channel! I've googled this but can't find anything specific - anybody have any ideas?
RE: MythTV 0.81 always records the same channel
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
xgdfalcon

I have the same issue. I've rebuilt my MythTV with FC4 and the HD-3000.

If I set the intial channel to a good channel, it always records that channel...nothing else. And I get errors that say "cannot change channel" in the log.

If I don't set an intial channel it doesn't record anything. And I still get the errors that say "cannot change channel" in the log when I try to change channels.

Anyone have any ideas?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
bcstanding

Bump

I still get that problem. I haven't been able to find a solution yet. Anybody have any ideas?
RE: MythTV 0.81 always records the same channel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quote
esherm22

I have this same problem as well. But if I go into live tv and change the channel to the channel I want to record it will work. Is this the same for you?
Re: RE: MythTV 0.81 always records the same channel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote

esherm22 wrote:
I have this same problem as well. But if I go into live tv and change the channel to the channel I want to record it will work. Is this the same for you?

Yep. That is exactly what happens. I found one post somewhere after searching off and on through google for the last month. That post said they had the same problem and fixed it by going into mythsetup and repeating all the steps there. I'm trying that right now, but for some reason live tv won't display at all.

IMHO Mythtv *seems* like a great idea, but I may have to give up and go to a knoppmyth or freevo system because at this point, its rediculous to have to spend this much time getting things going. I may not be a linux genius but I'm definitely not a newbie either...
Mythtv Always Records The Same Channel [FIXED]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:33 am Reply with quote
waterhead

I have successfully overcome this problem, if you haven't already.

After setting everthing up and setting up a zap2it account, run "mythfilldatabase". Then go into the "mythtv-setup" utility. In the Channel Editor section, you should be able to select "Scan For Channels".

After completing the channel scan, I found that I had two sets of channel listings in the guide. One set has an underscore between the major and minor channel number (like 58_1 & 58_2). These channels have program listings.

The second set has the channels listed like this: 581 & 582. There is no data listed for these channels. These are the channels that actually are tuned to on the tuner.

Now here's the fix:

In mythtv-setup, go to the Channel Editor.
The top box shows the channels listed. Select the channels that have the underscore (58_1) and hit enter. Copy down the number listed in the line:XMLTV ID.
Go to the corresponding channel (581) and enter that info inthe XMLTV ID line. Do this for all the channels and then run mythfilldatabase again.

I still ended up with two sets of channels, but could record if I selected the channels without the underscore.
MythTV 0.81 always records the same channel
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card